Saturday, March 12, 2011

God Time thoughts from 1.21.11

It is now time to catch up on some random thoughts from my God time that I journaled about but haven't posted yet. It's posting time!

Matthew 8:23-28 The story of Jesus calming the storm.

The disciples wake Jesus up because they are afraid a fierce storm is going to sink the boat and cause them to drown. After Jesus calms the storm He says to them: "Why are you afraid? You have so little faith."

As soon as I read this I was thinking how that relates to people and planes. There was a time in my life that I was afraid to fly. It just clicked this morning that when we worry about stuff like this we have little faith. It was true then of my fear of flying and all of the other little fears that creep in. Fear is not fear. Fear is lack of faith. So let me ask you... what are you afraid of?

No comments:

Post a Comment