Saturday, March 12, 2011

Lessons from the News 2.3.11

I was cruising the BBC news this morning and I saw these two headlines. 

"MPs query £1.85m overseas aid spent of Pope visit."
"World Food Prices reach new high."

As I read the Pope article I was just sick to read that the money set aside to help suffering people around the world was spent on a dignitary's visit. But I quickly realized, don't we all do this? Don't most of us splurge (round up) on ourselves and our guests? Then the money that we could have given to someone who really needs it is gone. I realized that I can't quickly judge the UK government because many of us do the same appalling thing in our smaller budgets. How God's heart must break over our lack of priority for the poor. Whether a large or small budget, the neglect in our action is the same. Intention is great but it is our actions that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment